Brooks Hire Service is a well-established family owned Company with Branches nationwide.
With over 2500 pieces of machinery in the hire fleet, Brooks Hire is one of the largest privately-owned companies in Australia. We are a client focused organisation providing services to the civil and mining industries.
We are currently seeking a Field Service - Heavy Diesel Mechanic at our branch in Newman, WA. You will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our earthmoving equipment.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use and apply knowledge and training to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs, and service of equipment in the field and on site.
- Assist in workshop when not on site.
- Assist with mobilisation and demobilisation of machines.
- Comply with Environment and OS&H Standards.
- Liaise with clients.
- Trade qualification in Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics
- Sound knowledge of earth moving equipment. Komatsu & Cat experience highly advantageous but not essential
- Be competent in performing Diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on machines.
- Minimum MR Driver License, HR preferred.
- Must have own tools.
- Refrigerant handling licence highly desirable.
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Flexible work hours.
- Able to work away for short and/or extended periods.
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test.
This position is residential or FIFO 2&1 (Dayshift only) ex Perth. Flexible with roster for the right candidate.
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button.