Brooks Hire Service is a well established family owned Company with Branches nationwide.
With over 1000 pieces of machinery in the hire fleet, Brooks Hire is one of the largest privately-owned companies in Australia. We are a client focused organisation providing services to the civil and mining industries.
We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic at our branch in Withcott, Queensland. You will be reporting to the Service Manager and will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our earthmoving equipment.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use and apply knowledge and training to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs and service of equipment for breakdowns/field service
- Assist with mobilisation and demobilisation of machines
- Assist with equipment dispatch and receivables
- Assist with stocktake
- Assist with ensuring the safe and efficient running of the workshop
- Assist with the training and development of Apprentice/s
- Comply with Environment and OS&H Standards
- Liaising and coordinating with clients
- Must be able to travel, as required
- Trade qualification in Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Plant Mechanic (Post apprenticeship)
- Sound knowledge of Heavy Duty Equipment
- Be competent in performing routine maintenance on machines.
- Driver License, HR preferred
- Hire Industry experience desirable
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- Hands on approach
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible work hours
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
To apply for this position submit a current CV and Cover letter addressing qualifications, experience and skills.