We are currently seeking Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics at our Port Hedland branch, Western Australia. This role is FIFO ex Perth
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager - Western Region. You will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our earthmoving equipment and day-to-day running of the workshop.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use and apply knowledge and training to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs and service of equipment for breakdowns/field service
- Equipment dispatch and receivables
- Ensuring the safe and efficient running of the workshop
- Training and development of Apprentice/s (when applicable)
- Some travel may be required
- Liaising and coordinating with clients
- Ensure all operations are compliant with Environment and OS&H Standards
- Trade qualification in Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Plant Mechanic
- Komatsu and Cat experience desirable
- Sound knowledge of Heavy Duty Equipment
- Be competent in performing routine maintenance on machines.
- Driver License, HR preferred
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- Hands on approach
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
What we can offer you:
- Generous pay package
- On going training & support
- A great working environment and atmosphere
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanics?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have your own tools relevant to this role?
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button now or for more information please contact us.