We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic at our branch in Kalgoorlie, WA. You will be reporting to the Workshop Foreman and will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our earthmoving equipment.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use and apply knowledge and training to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs and service of equipment for breakdowns/field service
- Component rebuilds
- Assist with ensuring the safe and efficient running of the workshop
- Assist with the training and development of Apprentice/s
- Comply with Environment and OS&H Standards
- Liaising and coordinating with clients
- Must be able to travel, as required
- Trade qualification in Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Plant Mechanic (Post apprenticeship)
- Sound knowledge of Heavy Duty Earthmoving Equipment
- Be competent in performing routine maintenance on machines.
- Driver License, HR preferred
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- Hands on approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible work hours
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
To apply for this position submit a current CV and Cover letter addressing qualifications, experience and skills.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button now or for more information please contact us.