Brooks Hire commenced in 1979 and is a family owned company with branches Australia wide.
With over 3000 pieces of machinery in the hire fleet, Brooks Hire is one of the largest privately owned hire companies in Australia providing services to the civil and mining industries.
We are currently seeking a Human Resource and Administration Officer for our Oxley, QLD Branch. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Main Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Coordinate recruitment of new employees including placement of employment advertisements, arranging interviews, arranging pre-employment medical and preparing workplace inductions etc.
- Ensure all personal information collected in the recruitment process is treated in the strictest confidence and handled in accordance with the relevant privacy laws
- Providing guidance on human resource issues to employees when requested.
- Interpret legislation, regulation, awards, industrial agreements along with workplace policies and procedures.
- Management of Apprentices, their call-ups, studies and other ad hoc Apprentice duties
- Administration and other office duties as required i.e. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to engage with clients and colleagues confidently and professionally
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Professional and reliable demeanour
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including the ability to operate spread sheet and word processing programmes.
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
What we can offer you:
- Immediate start for right applicant
- A great working environment and atmosphere
- Generous pay and the opportunity to advance within the company
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button now or for more information please contact us.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES