We are currently seeking a Casual Trades Assistant in our Brooklyn, VIC Branch. Reporting directly to the trade qualified mechanics, you will be responsible for the cleaning/detailing of our earthmoving equipment.
Main Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Detailing and cleaning equipment to the required standards on a tight schedule
- Identify any issues and communicate these with your supervisor
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good working order
- Assisting the tradesmen with various tasks as required
- Current Driver's Licence
- May need to occasionally work weekends/flexible hours
- Previous detailing experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience working around heavy duty equipment
- Be competent in performing routine maintenance on machines
- Mechanically minded person that can use hand tools
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- An understanding of OH&S regulations
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Good organisation skills to work efficiently
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Be physically fit and be able to lift heavy objects
What we can offer you:
- Immediate start for right applicant
- A great working environment and atmosphere
- A full time position may be offered in the future.
Permanent residency in Australia is required
This will not be a sponsored position
Only successful candidates will be contacted
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button now or for more information please contact us.