We are currently seeking a Senior Safety Officer for the Brooks Group to be based in our Canning Vale, WA, Branch.
Main Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Updating, implementation and operation of HSEQ systems and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance and standards are maintained across The Group
- Coordinating all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality strategies and initiatives.
- Managing all audits and third-party certifications, including communication with external auditors.
- Coordinating subcontractors to ensure compliance with applicable standards, systems and procedures.
- Providing education and training to all levels of the organisation.
- On boarding and inductions for new Employees
- Maintaining up to date HSEQ records for Employees and Assets
- Leading incident investigations and monitoring corrective actions.
- Providing HSEQ data and supporting documentation for prequalification and tendering.
- Cert IV OHS or higher, internal auditor training
- Experience in an HSEQ management role and previous experience in the mining and construction industry is preferable, but not essential
- Sound knowledge of and experience with, WA workplace safety and construction legislation.
- Experience in the development and implementation of HSEQ systems.
- Sound knowledge and experience with ISO management and certification of systems.
- Experience with the Federal Work Health and Safety Accreditation Scheme.
- Full drivers license, construction white card & first aid certificate desirable
- Excellent IT & communication skills.
What we offer:
- Immediate start for the right person
- Generous pay package
- Ongoing training and support
- A great work environment and atmosphere