Brooks Hire commenced in 1979 and is a family-owned company with branches nationwide.
With over 5000 pieces of machinery in the hire fleet, Brooks Hire is one of the largest privately owned hire companies in Australia providing services to the civil and mining industries.
We are currently seeking a Trades Assistant, with a can do attitude, in our Welshpool Branch. Reporting directly to the trade qualified mechanics, you will be responsible for the cleaning/detailing of our earth-moving equipment.
What we offer:
- Immediate start for right applicant
- A great working environment and atmosphere
- Competitive hourly rate
Main Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Detailing and cleaning equipment to the required standards on a tight schedule
- Identify any issues and communicate these with your supervisor
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good working order
- Assisting the tradesmen with various tasks as required
- Assisting with prep of New Build machines including installation of quick hitches, rubber track pads etc
- Prepping new equipment for sale, including PDI
- Assist with warehousing, and parts
- Maintaining the yard space, and ensuring safe access to machines and storage of parts
- Current Driver's Licence
- May need to occasionally work weekends/flexible hours
- Previous detailing experience preferred but not essential
- Mechanically minded person that can use hand tools
- Good eye for detail
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
- Be physically fit and be able to lift heavy objects
If this sounds like you hit the "apply" button now or for more information, please contact us.
Brooks Hire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.