Brooks Hire commenced in 1979 and is a family owned company with branches Australia wide.
With over 5000 pieces of machinery in the hire fleet, Brooks Hire is one of the largest privately owned hire companies in Australia providing services to the civil and mining industries.
We are currently seeking a Workshop Foreman for our branch in Dalby, Queensland.
Reporting to the General Manager - Eastern Region. You will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our earthmoving equipment and day-to-day running of the workshop. Please note this is a residential role.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use and apply knowledge and training to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs and service of equipment for breakdowns/field service
- Equipment dispatch and receivables
- Ensuring the safe and efficient running of the workshop
- Training and development of Apprentice/s (when applicable)
- Liaising and coordinating with clients
- Ensure all operations are compliant with Environment and OS&H Standards
- Trade qualification in Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Plant Mechanic
- Sound knowledge of Heavy Duty Equipment
- Be competent in performing routine maintenance on machines.
- Driver License, HR preferred
- Forklift / High risk work licenses desirable
- Experience in managing a workshop desirable
- Hands on approach
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible work hours/days
- Be able to pass a Medical including a Drug & Alcohol test
What we can offer you:
- Generous pay package.
- On going training & support
- A great working environment and atmosphere