Caterpillar 988K PDC Large Wheel Loader is designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, Caterpillar 988K allows you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Cat C18 engine is built to meet your most demanding applications.
• Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees of steering articulation.
• Precise machine control by load-sensing hydraulic steering system.
• Reduced stairway angles and standard stairway lighting.
• Left- and right-hand stairs with 45-degree angle.
• Computerized monitoring system with warning indicators.
• Standard Cat Vision.
• Pressurized cabin with filtered and reduced sound levels
Download Specification Brochure
Operating Weight 51062 kg
Bucket width 3897 mm
Standard bucket capacity – SAE 4.7 - 13 m3
Horsepower, Gross – SAE (kW) 439
Horsepower, Net – ISO (kW) 432
Horsepower, Net – SAE (kW) 401
Rated RPM 1700
Fan drive method Hydraulic
Displacement (litre) 18.1
Number of cylinders 6
988K Std Lift Tires: 35/65 R33 XLDD1, PN 339-8790, SLR: 978 mm
Maximum Overall Length 12204 mm
A Wheelbase 4550 mm
B Maximum Overall Height, Bucket Raised 7455 mm
C B-Pin Height at Maximum Lift 5479 mm
D Ground clearance 568 mm
E Hitch height 568 mm
F Overall height top of stack 4498 mm
G Overall height ROPS cab 4187 mm